Higher Education Benefits from Cloud-Based Security: VAHMS
Campus-wide security solutions that are physically located on campus and connected to the IT network or wide area network can be difficult to install and maintain. The required investment in network bandwidth, equipment logistics, and sheer geographical coverage of the system is likely significant. A cloud-based solution may be a more appropriate—and simpler—system for colleges and universities.
Securing College and University Campuses
Many universities are rethinking their building security from, quite literally, the ground up. New threats, such as active assailants, challenge the policies and procedures of the past. M3T recently released a white paper on this exact challenge.
Introducing the VAHMS Security Cloud
One predominant solution is the Video Access Hosted Managed Services (VAHMS) Security Cloud. The VAHMS Security Cloud is a customizable, cost-effective video surveillance and access control system solution that is perfect for organizations of any size, and particularly, university campuses. The cloud-based technology improves security and provides peace of mind without the hassle and cost associated with administering, maintaining, and hosting an on-premise access control or video surveillance system.
Multi-building Logistics Minimized
Device management between buildings can be an unnecessary challenge to the IT department. Widespread equipment can be an even greater hassle if buildings are fitted with equipment from a variety of manufacturers. With VAHMS, hardware inside and outside of each building is limited to IP security cameras and door control hardware.
Server Maintenance Eliminated
Server maintenance and the related software has also become an unnecessary task for the IT department. By moving the video surveillance and access control services out of the server rooms and into the VAHMS Security Cloud, all maintenance related to server hardware, operating systems, and software applications are performed offsite.
Additional Benefits of VAHMS
* Flexibility – Organizations can determine which features best fit their security and operations plans.
* Scalability – As the organization grows, whether within the same building, across the campus, or around the world, the cloud-based VAHMS solution removes the physical expansion limits and complexity inherent to on-site hardware solutions.
* User Interface – The user-friendly graphical interface is perfect for eliminating a long learning curve and minimizing ongoing administrative tasks.
* Time and Money Savings – By eliminating the replacement of keys and door locks, the organization can quickly offset the cost of door hardware maintenance.
* Eliminate Maintenance – With a managed solution, the security integrator handles all firmware and software updates. All server hardware is in the cloud. Maintenance is limited to local door hardware which is managed as part of the service agreement.
* 100% Monitoring – All systems are constantly monitored, providing an increased sense of security and confidence for staff and administrators.
* Site Survey – The solution design team performs a comprehensive site survey to uncover vulnerabilities and determine optimal hardware deployment for security coverage and door control.
* Installation – The solution installation team has impeccable attention to detail, ensuring system functionality while limiting disruption to normal operations.
M3T works closely with university administration, IT, and security teams throughout the exploration, design, installation, and ongoing maintenance of the access control and video surveillance solution. M3T Corporation is a veteran-owned small business that provides professional security consultation, solution design, and implementation. We understand the unique needs of our clients and provide unbiased, value-added solutions that are timely and cost-effective.
Contact us Today