Securing K-12 Schools
Security plans require continual and consistent evaluations. Many schools are rethinking their security plans to better address the types of threats that are most prevalent for their school and communities. It’s important to remember that the security concerns of an elementary school will be different than the security concerns of a middle school or high school.
Elementary schools are often focused on authorized visitor access and student pick-ups. Middle schools add challenges like bullying prevention and investigation. High schools are even more complex with larger buildings, increased vandalism, theft, and growing external threats. Monitoring stations and mobile capability for security resource officers are a great resource for bigger schools, regardless of grade range.
Budgeting for IT and security infrastructure can be a challenge. Deploy scalable, cloud-based security solutions to ease the implementation, management, and maintenance processes. A cloud-based solution moves a significant amount of computer equipment and software off-premise and seamlessly integrates with the on-site components. Door locking hardware and security cameras are deployed strategically in hallways, lobbies, cafeterias, and other sensitive areas. They’re connected to cloud-based applications and video storage via the school IT network and then out to the VAHMS Security Cloud.
VAHMS (Video Access Hosted Managed Services) Security Cloud is a customizable, cost-effective video surveillance and access control system solution suite that is perfect for organizations of any size. The cloud-based technology improves security and provides peace of mind without the hassle and cost associated with administering, maintaining, and hosting an on-premise access control or video surveillance system.
VAHMS Access Control has a full spectrum of access control solutions, ranging from a hosted model that empowers companies to remotely control their own security tasks in real-time, to a managed solution that turns over all security responsibilities to a Managed Service Provider (MSP). There are significant advantages in flexibility and scalability, and the infrastructure and training costs are far lower when compared to traditional systems.
VAHMS Video Surveillance is the “V” of VAHMS. The VAHMS suite limits your investment to the cameras and an internet connection. Normally, you would also need to maintain the recording and monitoring hardware and software locally. With a simple web browser, security professionals can view one or multiple sites with a single login credential. Recorded video is stored off-premise, in the cloud, for the duration of time you specify and is accessible at your convenience from anywhere you have an internet connection. The VAHMS Static Display also allows for simultaneous viewing of up to 12 cameras on the same screen, with just one log in credential.
- Flexibility – Organizations can determine which features and functionalities fit their security and operations plans and processes. This ensures that the system enhances security and daily operations, rather than hindering them.
- Scalability – As the organization grows, whether within the same building, across the campus or around the world, the cloud-based VAHMS solution removes physical expansion limits and complexity inherent to on-site hardware solutions.
- User Interface – The user-friendly graphical interface is perfect for eliminating a long learning curve and minimizing ongoing administrative tasks by organizational management.
- Time and Money Savings – By eliminating the replacement of keys and door locks, the organization can quickly offset the migration from lock and key to electronic door control.
- Eliminate Maintenance – With a managed solution, the security integrator handles all firmware and software updates. All server hardware is in the cloud. Maintenance is limited to local door hardware, which is managed as part of the service agreement.
- 100% Monitoring – All systems are monitored for proper operation 24x7x365, providing an increased sense of security and confidence for staff and administrators.
- Site Survey – The solution design team performs a comprehensive site survey to uncover vulnerabilities and determine optimal hardware deployment for security coverage and door control.
- Installation – The solution installation team has impeccable attention to detail, which ensures system functionality and operation while limiting disruption to normal operations.
M3T works closely with school administrators and security staff throughout the exploration, design, installation, and ongoing maintenance of the access control and video surveillance solution.
M3T Corporation is a veteran-owned small business focused on providing our clients with professional security consulting, solution design, and implementation. We understand the unique needs of our clients and provide unbiased, value-added solutions that are timely and cost-effective.